Thursday, September 1, 2011

Raving about Rave

We had dropped Esme off for her first day of school, and Emil was disconsolate. Life is so lonely without your big sister around. So when he said he really wanted a burger for lunch, I wasn't going to deny him. This is how we ended up at Rave Burger in San Mateo.

Rave has a comfortable, hip vibe to it. There are funny cartoons about meat decorating the walls, and I have to admit I was entertained by them. But really, if the burgers aren't good, then what's the point of fun cartoons? 

Don't worry, the burgers are good!  They are made with Niman Ranch beef, after all.

Emil ordered the slider off the kids' menu ($5) that came with fries and sliced apples. I had the Greek Burger with a vegetarian patty (I'm not really a vegetarian, but I don't eat meat all the time), which was loaded with tomatoes, feta, tatziki sauce, and olive spread ($9.50). I opted for the salad over the fries. It was yummy, and I kind of enjoyed the irony of eating my veggies surrounded by all those carnivorous cartoons.

So next time someone near me needs a burger fix, I know just the place to go.

Rave.

The details:
144 E. 3rd Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401
(650) 342-6689


Hours:
Sun-Thu: 11:00AM - 9:00PM
Fri-Sat: 11:00AM - 10:00PM 


No comments:

Post a Comment