Thursday, April 26, 2007

Vietnamese food in San Jose

So I've been meaning to try out some of the Vietnamese food in San Jose for a while, and finally got around to it earlier this month. And I have to say that it was unequivocally the best Vietnamese food I've ever had. Taking the recommendation of the concierge at the Moorpark Hotel, we went to Vung Tau downtown. The atmosphere was nice - tastfully done and very clean. The service was attentive. And the food! Delicious. Fresh. Yummmmmmmy. I can't decide which dish was my favorite: the shredded green papaya salad, the rice salad with beef and lemongrass, the sea bass cooked in a clay pot, or the tamarind shrimp soup.

What was I doing staying at a hotel in San Jose? Oh, you'll have to wait for the story in the Chronicle to read all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment